DCCCA’s role in the Kansas Prevention Collaborative is to coordinate training and technical assistance for community coalitions. This includes:
- Assessment of community coalitions to determine necessary supports
- Development of training and technical assistance tailored to individual communities
- Provide support for coalitions to independently complete comprehensive strategic planning
- Provide virtual and in-person learning opportunities to community coalitions
- Provide opportunities for connection, collaboration and information sharing between community coalitions
- Provide resources, training tools and guidance documents needed by individual coalitions
Since the inception of this project, DCCCA has met and provided community support and technical assistance to more than 25 community coalitions throughout Kansas. DCCCA is developing e-learning modules on the Strategic Prevention Framework, Effective Coalition Meetings, Sticker Shock, Social Media in Prevention and more.
Contact DCCCA to learn more.